Monday, November 6, 2006

2006-Nov. 6---Ahihi snorkeling!

I couldn't do it!!!  I couldn't go the whole week without getting in the ocean!  I thought Dad would sit on the beach and read a book, but he said he wanted to get in, too.  So we went back to the bay I was marveling at several days ago.
 Immediately we saw a ton of fish!  Even a large baracuda
 The entrance isn't very easy, but it's worth the trouble.
 surgeonfish
 threadfin butterflyfish
 yellow tang
 blue trevelly (jack)
 My dream home!!!
leather back jack
 moorish idol
 black triggerfish
 ornate butterflyfish
 parrotfish
 convict tangs and a triggerfish
 another view of Ahihi bay
The whole area past here is part of the Ahihi reserve, too.  We drove through the lava fields again and enjoyed the views of Haleakala.
 out past Ahihi bay
 we even stopped at a couple other beaches in South Maui.
 that outcropping looked inviting for snorkeling!
 heading down to the water.
 I went to check it out for a few minutes while dad sat out this time.
 Then we hung out on the beach for a bit.
Perfect day!  I loved seeing all the other sites around Maui, but I really love being in the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our trips to the Hawaiian Islands

Oahu, Kauai, The Big Island, Maui Many years ago---around the year 1998--- Ken and I went to yet another timeshare presentation in St. ...