Saturday, February 21, 2009

2009-Feb. 21: Waikiki beach, Marina reflections

Today was my last full day on Oahu. I had finally decided to take the bus to the "Swap meet" at the stadium, but after waiting over 30 minutes for a completely full bus, I decided to abandon that idea. I also thought about going to Hunauma Bay and snorkeling, but decided I didn't want to go there alone and I'd have plenty of time to snorkel for free on Kauai. So I walked around Waikiki some more. Ended up sitting with my feet in the water and making a few phone calls. It was also the day my daughter and her husband were arriving in Kauai, so I wanted to be around to hear how their flights went and make sure everything went ok with their car rental and condo check in. All went well for them. Here's my view from the pier I was sitting on dangling my tired feet in the water.

IMG_2476 copy

IMG_2478 copy

It was the clearest day so far and less wind. So when I was tired of sitting in the sun, I went to Fort Derussey Park and sat on the hill by the Army museum and gazed out at the ocean from there.

IMG_2481 copy 
At sunset, I walked to the boat harbor and took pictures of reflections. The sunset wasn't that spectacular because of the clear sky, but the reflections were pretty awesome. Here's the pond by the Hilton on my way to the marina.
IMG_2519 copy copy 
Lots of photo ops by the marina!
IMG_2499 copy copy
There was even color in the sky for a short while.
IMG_2489-copy copy
IMG_2528 copy 
 Heading back up the beach to the Wyndham Beach Walk.
On the way back to my condo, I stopped into an ABC store and picked up a pre-made salad for dinner. The ABC stores in Waikiki are great. I was able to get all the groceries I wanted from them and there's one right on the ground level of the Wyndham.

It was also the night to pack up again for tomorrow's flight to Kauai.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our trips to the Hawaiian Islands

Oahu, Kauai, The Big Island, Maui Many years ago---around the year 1998--- Ken and I went to yet another timeshare presentation in St. ...