Sunday, February 22, 2009

2009-Feb. 22: HON-LIH

Today I had to be out of the Wyndham Waikiki Beach Resort by 10 am. I had an interisland flight with Hawaiian Airlines that was to leave Honolulu at 1:30. The airport shuttle said they needed 3 hours to get me to the airport, so I went to the shuttle stop right after checking out. The total time on the shuttle was only about 30 minutes, so I was at the airport way early. At check in, I asked if I could go on an earlier flight and was told I had to talk to customer service about that. Customer service wanted a fee just to talk to them, so I checked in and went straight to the gate and asked the gate agent for an earlier flight. Thankfully he put me on an earlier flight. The flight was quick and smooth. It was the first time I've flown into Kauai in the daylight and the views amazed me. All I could say was, "Wow!"
20090221_kauai_01[1]
My daughter and son-in-law picked me up at the airport and we were on our way.

Sort of sad that my time on Oahu was up, but anxious to show the "kids" our Kauai!

To continue with us on our vacation to Kauai---click:  2009 Kauai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our trips to the Hawaiian Islands

Oahu, Kauai, The Big Island, Maui Many years ago---around the year 1998--- Ken and I went to yet another timeshare presentation in St. ...