Wednesday, February 18, 2009

 2009-Feb. 18: STL-LAX-HON-LIH

 I left St. Louis at 8:30 am and arrived in Honolulu about 11:30 pm (Hawaiian time---4:30 am St. Louis time) with 2 long lay overs in LAX and HON. Then there was the 1 1/2 hours getting from the airport to the Wyndham---slow getting a shuttle. But I finally made it!  Since my original award travel flights were to Kauai, when I rebooked, I had to use the same itinerary or pay a fine.  In hinde site, maybe I should have, since I had to pay for a flight from LIH-HON.  But we were penny pinching at this time and this probably saved us a whole $70.

The Wyndham is very nice. It is only about 2 blocks from the beach and right across from the new shopping center, Beach Walk. I was in a 1 bedroom unit with full kitchen. The views weren't the greatest, but the inside of the unit was very nice. I also liked that it was near the Fort Derussey Park end of town.
 From the front door looking left.  Bathroom and bedroom to the right.
From the bedroom to the rest of the unit.  
Copy of IMG_1819- copy
livingroom from the diningroom
IMG_1810 copy- copy
 The bathroom was a walk through to the kitchen and the bedroom.
My fantastic view.  At least there's a parking garage nearby!
Also on the ground level of this property is an ever fun-to-shop ABC store.  But for now---it's time to hit the sack!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our trips to the Hawaiian Islands

Oahu, Kauai, The Big Island, Maui Many years ago---around the year 1998--- Ken and I went to yet another timeshare presentation in St. ...