Sunday, March 4, 2007

2007 March 4---East side waterfalls and Poipu:

 

I'm a sucker for old barn pictures, so when I saw this barn on the East side of Kauai, I had to take some pictures of it.  In all my trips here, I've never seen it covered with the orange flowers like this before (or since up to 2017 and 9 more Kauai trips).  I have a feeling this may be one of my once in a lifetime photo ops.
 Also on the East side is Wailua Falls.  Wish we could get to the bottom of it, but we're not brave enough to take the game trails down to the bottom.
 Then we headed down to the South shore---and Poipu beach.   Even saw another monk seal there
 underwater we saw a lot of fish, like this male white spot box fish.
  and this school of flagtails?
 the stately moorish idol.
 school of raccoon butterflyfish looking for a hand out.
 a large parrotfish
 assortment of fishie friends.
 and a cute young monk seal.
 we even stayed for a pretty nice sunset.

 rather heavy clouds, though.

 Not having the best luck with sunsets this year.  But a great time anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our trips to the Hawaiian Islands

Oahu, Kauai, The Big Island, Maui Many years ago---around the year 1998--- Ken and I went to yet another timeshare presentation in St. ...