Wednesday, January 30, 2019

1-30-19  around Hanalei and snorkel Anini!

Woke up to another pretty day!  I wish we had one of the rooms on the cliff instead of in the building behind a building on the cliff, but the view from our patio is still pretty nice!
 And we get to see a whale from our patio every time we look out!
 Didn't take long for the clouds to move in.  By the time we left for lunch, it was raining.
 Decided to go to Hanalei Gourmet, another place I've enjoyed in the past.
 cute little shops in the old school by Hanalei Gourmet.
 specials of the day
 The inside of the restaurant was full, so we sat on the patio.  Can't believe Bubba Burgers is gone!
 Looking across the street, towards Kalypso's.
 Had to order the smoothie.  It was as good as I remembered!
 I ordered the Reuben sandwich.  It was excellent!  Possibly the best Reuben I've ever had!
 after stuffing ourselves, we walked through the shops.  I LOVE this artist's style!
 Artist---Troy Carney
 the clerk heard me talking to my sister about Troy's work and mentioned his mother is also an artist.  They have some of her water color works made into notecards, too.  Love them, too!  Wish they made calendars!
 From there, we drove over to Anini to check it out.  Sun was shining there.  I figured it was worth going back later to try and get some snorkeling in.
 But first, we went to Foodland for more milk for breakfasts.  Had to walk through the store one more time.  Love all the kinds of Spam.  I actually like Spam.  But I haven't had most of these flavors.
 Fish heads?  What do you do with them?
 Carolyn didn't want to go to  Anini.  So I left her at the condo.  Then I headed to Anini.
 It was still beautiful
 heading in
 looking left.
 Looking right.
 straight out.  Hard to see here, but there were 4 or 5 other snorkelers out there, or I wouldn't have gone out.
 the water was choppy, but really clear.


 threadfin butterflyfish
 saddle wrasse
 convict tangs and milletseed
 lots of milletseed butterfly fish here this year.
school of yellow tail goatfish
 assorted fishies
 saddle wrasse
  a blue stripe butterflyfish
 white spotted toby
 eel
 moorish idol
 another assortment of fishies
 belted wrasse
 a huge sea turtle


 checking my location
 there was a pretty good current today, but it was flowing towards shore. 
 teardrop butterflyfish
 longnose butterflyfish
 another turtle, much smaller then the first one.
 cute little girl playing in a little stream
 When I got back to the condo, I decided to hit the jacuzzi.  Tried to get in the pool, but being unheated, it was quite chilly.
 Soon it was time for dinner.   It's Wednesday!  All night Happy Hour at Kalypso's!
 had to wait about 10 minutes for a table, but it was worth it.
 We shared a nachos again.
 and I had a longboard beer.  Hadn't had one of them in awhile. 
It was a fun day.  Finally got back in the water.  Tired of waiting for the winds to die down and temps to warm up.  At least the water at Anini is still pretty warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our trips to the Hawaiian Islands

Oahu, Kauai, The Big Island, Maui Many years ago---around the year 1998--- Ken and I went to yet another timeshare presentation in St. ...