Tuesday, January 22, 2019

1-22-19 moving up to the North side

Today we checked out of the KBV and head up to our exchange that actually started Sunday up in Princeville----The Wyndham Shearwater.   My husband and I are Wyndham owners, but an exchange into this resort (and other resorts in Hawaii) use half the amount of points it would take to book it through Wyndham.  So I booked it about a year ago.  About a week later, the adjoining week was on RCI, so I took that exchange, too.  
 Since we had refrigerated stuff, we went straight to Princeville and moved into our exchange---lower level rm 108.  I had requested an upper unit, but wasn't surprised to get the lower one.  It's actually rather nice.  The view isn't as great as most of the units there, but it's still pretty nice.  Plus I'm enjoying not having to go up and down a bunch of steps.
Master bedroom at the Shearwater.
half of master bathroom
other half
living area from doorway of the master bedroom
very nice kitchen
from living room to front door (master is on the right of this photo and 2nd bedroom is to the left)
Carolyn enjoying the living room
2nd bedroom
2nd bedroom bathroom
view from our patio
nice BIG patio
 Since we hadn't eaten yet, we headed into Hanalei to find food.  Ended up at my favorite place---Kalypso Island Bar and Grill.  Thoroughly enjoyed my kalua pork sandwich.
Then it was time to get to the beach.  So we went to Anini.
Carolyn tried to  get the hang of snorkeling, but after about 30 minutes and only about 10' from shore, she decided to go sit on the beach while I ventured out a bit.
The first fishes to greet me this year!---white spotted toby.
coronet fish
saddle wrasse and a moorish idol
goldring surgeonfish
part of a school of blue goatfish and a convict tang
bunch of fish
little emperor fish
threadfin butterflyfish
cigar wrasse
milletseed butterflyfish
reef triggerfish
2 of the 3 turtles I saw.  Unfortunately I forgot my Olympus TG-4 automatically uses a flash when I have it on underwater mode so the particles in the water dulled the picture.  I have a custom setting set up to turn the flash off that hopefully I'll remember to use from now on.
Hawaiian dascyllus
close up of a dascyllus.  They are interesting little critters!  They can change from black to white right in front of you and making a chattering like noise.  And they aren't afraid of anything.
first time I've seen a lagoon triggerfish anywhere on Kauai other than Tunnels!  Guess he knows the area past Hanalei is closed!


About 4pm the water had really calmed down as it was nearing low tide.
Eventually we decided it was time to head back to Princeville.  Carolyn was making us some salads for dinner when i happened to look out and noticed we were having a pretty nice sunset, so dinner could wait!
view fromThe Shearwater over looking Anini.
It was another beautiful day here on Kauai!  Temps were about 82 for a high.  Trade winds are gone right now, but it still cooled off pretty nicely after sunset.  We enjoyed our salad of greens from the farmers market the other day and settled in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our trips to the Hawaiian Islands

Oahu, Kauai, The Big Island, Maui Many years ago---around the year 1998--- Ken and I went to yet another timeshare presentation in St. ...