Friday, February 1, 2019

2-1-19 chillin' out on the North side

Literally!  It was chilly and rainy.  But it also produced a nice rainbow to welcome the new day.
 It came and went a few times.  Got very vivid for awhile.
 After giving my sister some lessons on the computer, we decided breakfast/lunch was in order.  It was about 2pm.  Ended up heading to Hanalei.  I had hoped we could walk to the pier after lunch, but it was pretty rainy.  Anyway, we decided to go to Tahiti Nui. 
 cute little place.
 Not much going on this time of day.

 The menu looked pretty good---especially the Nana burger!  But I ended up getting the basic burger. 


 Love the posts for the bar stools.
 For as uncrowded as it was, our sandwiches took a long time to come.
 Love the carved tables with the resin over the tops.
 My burger was about $14, but it was good.  As were the fries.  As I was eating it, a lady came in and went to the table next to us.  As she turned to take her back pack off, she knocked my water over.  Ice water on my feet was a bit cold.  But at least it didn't get into my plate of food.
 We went back to the condo and started doing some stuff to prepare for our departure tomorrow---throw trash away, take the recycles out, wash dishes, wash clothes, start organizing all my junk that's managed to spread all over the place!  Also went to the office and printed out my boarding pass and return chairs and noodles.  One last look at the pool area looking towards our unit to the right of the opening between the buildings!
 ok, one more look at the pool towards the office
 Love the foliage along the walkway between the buildings.

 our condo is on the right.  Bet the building on the left has some amazing ocean views!
 When it was time to take a break from "packing", we headed out to throw the petals of our leis into Anini.  On our way, I had to take a picture of these little guys.  Had to quickly take the picture before they ran under my car!  Seen quite a few of them get run over while we've been here!
 This looked like a good place to throw the petals in.  It's been our tradition to throw the petals in the ocean on our last day here.  The first time we came here someone told us if you throw the petals into the ocean and they come back to shore, you'll be back.  It's worked about 20 times so far!  Sure don't want to jinx that!
 Not many people here today
 I even let Carolyn throw some of the petals in.
 Yea!  They came to shore! 
 We will be back!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our trips to the Hawaiian Islands

Oahu, Kauai, The Big Island, Maui Many years ago---around the year 1998--- Ken and I went to yet another timeshare presentation in St. ...