Sunday, February 3, 2019

2-3-19  Time to Snorkel!!!!! and watch a little football

Good morning Maui!!! Thanks for the rainbow!
 I decided to go to the island orientation this morning.   Enjoyed the flowers along the way 

They have a really nice area for the presentation.
 Love the pictures there.
 They had breads and drinks to go along with the talk.
 breakfast
I hoped I could win something good.  And I did!  Unfortunately, I found out it's a BOGO and there's only one of me.  I offered it to my kids who will be coming later in the week, but they didn't want it!  So I gave it to the hostess in the bar and grill at Sands of Kahana.  Don't know if she can use it, but it would be nice if someone local could.   Worst part is, I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Lanai! 
 So to drown my sorrows, I went snorkeling.  I wanted to be back for the Super Bowl, so I went close by where I thought there would be the best chance of finding parking---Kahekili beach park.  Such a beautiful park!
 they even have a security guard rolling by now and then
 heading to the water
 almost there!
 hard to see here, but there were plenty of snorkelers out there.
 heading in
 I was a little surprised that it was as murky as it was.  Guess Maui had similar weather to what we had in Kauai the last 4 or 5 days I was there.  But Photoshop cleared them up pretty good.
 lots of black triggerfish here
 lots of coral, too
 a couple long nose butterflyfish
 some of the finger coral that covers large areas of the ocean bottom here.
 a parrotfish in the extensive coral
 more coral---love the colors of all the coral here.
 a filefish
 hawkfish
  school of fish
 school of yellow tangs---don't see many yellow tangs around Kauai
 teardrop butterflyfish
 ornate butterflyfish

 huge peacock grouper
 ringtail wrasse



many bar goatfish
 sailfin tang
 4 spot butterflyfish
 looking back towards shore
 back to the underwater.
 when I decided to come in, this little guy was waiting for me just feet from shore.
 after a couple hours, I headed back to the resort.  It was still early, so I checked out the beach at Sands of Kahana a bit better then I did this morning.
 lots of people playing in the water here
 not a huge beach, but actually more then I thought there would be.


 I walked through the bar and got a to go menu.  Looks like a pretty nice place. 
Then headed back to the room to work on my blog while watching the Super Bowl.  Being from St. Louis, I was rooting for the Rams.  But to be honest, I would have rooted for anyone but the Patriots.  Tired of seeing them in the Super Bowl.  Did enjoy Maroon 5 at half time, but found it ridiculous that once again they had to censor one of the performers!  
After the game came to a disappointing end, I headed out in search of a sunset and dinner.  Didn't do too well with either!  But I did get to see another rainbow.
 And I did enjoy wandering around through Lahaina.
 walked to the sidewalk with the ocean views and sat and waited for sunset
 Got a little bit of sun rays.
 clouds were pretty thick but there was a little color
 Even a bad sunset for Lahaina is worth seeing.
 Then I window shopped.  Not quite NaHoku!
 love these little mugs.  If I used mugs, I might have bought one.
 one of the many galleries.
I decided to stop at Time's market on the way back to the condo, but missed the turn.  Had to go a few miles before I could turn around, so I decided to skip it and go with cereal for dinner.  
Not a bad first whole day of my solo vacation here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our trips to the Hawaiian Islands

Oahu, Kauai, The Big Island, Maui Many years ago---around the year 1998--- Ken and I went to yet another timeshare presentation in St. ...